Over the centuries there have been many remedies about how to stop the premature graying of the hair. Nowadays, this is even a concern to the people who are in their 20s or 30s.
Some factors for the premature grey hair are the stress, poor nutrition, hormonal fluctuations, sinusitis, genetic predisposition and chronic colds.
The hair turns grey because of low levels of melanin, which is a pigment that gives the hair it’s color. This process slows down as a person ages, leading to a grey hair.
It can also be caused by a very poor diet, especially when the body lacks iron, Vitamin B, copper and iodine. So, some people, instead of taking the easy way and dying their hair with chemicals, try coloring their hair with natural recipes.
Well, today, we are going to present to you several ways how to stop the premature graying of your hair with all natural ingredients, no chemicals added.
1. Indian Gooseberries – these are excellent for premature grey hair and hair loss. Filled with antioxidants and Vitamin C. You just have to take a handful, boil them in coconut oil until they’re charred, let the coconut oil cool and then apply it onto your hair.
Leave it for as long as possible, not less than one hour, preferably for the entire night, and then rinse it off. You should do this treatment twice a week for optimal results. And if you want to boost the growth of the hair, mix the oil with almond oil and lime juice.
2. Curry leaves – take curry leaves and coconut oil if you want to darken your hair. You are going to need one tablespoon of coconut oil and a handful of curry leaves, boil them and then strain the liquid.
Take it an massage it onto your scalp. Leave it like that for about an hour and wash it off. Do this once or twice a week.
3. Henna – if you have curly hair, the henna will not only make them a darker shade, but will also strengthen the locks. You have two options here – for option No.1, you are going to need one tablespoon of coffee powder, three tablespoons of indian gooseberry powder, a bit plain yogurt and grinded henna leaves.
Make a mixture and spread it equally on your hair. Leave it on until it dries out and then wash it off with shampoo. You should repeat this process every two to four weeks.
And the second option is to make a mask by mixing together hot black coffee and henna powder. Cover the mixture up and leave it like that for several hours, and then apply it onto your head and leave it on for one or two hours. Wash your hair regularly.
4. Coconut oil and lemon juice – this is a combination that will moisturize your hair, boost it’s growth, and will fight against any infections of the scalp.
You just need three tablespoons of lemon juice and as much coconut oil as you need to cover your entire hair. Massage your scalp with the mixture and leave it on for about an hour. Wash it off with shampoo and repeat the process once a week.
5. Rosemary and sage – if you want you make your hair darker in a natural way, this is the way to go. Take half a cup of each, rosemary and sage, and boil them in water for 30 minutes.
Then leave the water to cool for several hours and apply it on your hair. Leave it on for at least half an hour before rinsing it off with shampoo. Repeat the process once a week.
6. Blackstrap molasses – to reverse and prevent the problem with premature grey hair, this is the remedy you want.
Given the fact that it is high incopper, it will provide you with the daily copper dose you need in order not to lose the color of your hair. For the best results, consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses ever morning for at least a couple of months.
7. Onion juice – believe it or not, this is a very helpful recipe too. Whether it is used for thin hair, hair loss or premature grey hair, it works either way.
All you need to do is massage your scalp with onion juice, then leave it on for an hour before washing it off, every day for a couple of weeks.
8. Black tea – just take two teaspoons of black tea and boil them in some water. Then, add a teaspoon of salt and let it cool off.
Wash your hair several times with this liquid, and the last time let it stay on for 20 minutes before finally washing it away with shampoo. Do this at least twice a week if you want to stay away from gray hair.
9. Amaranth – it promotes hair growth and keeps the color of the hair. But this time, first you have to wash your hair with shampoo, then apply the fresh amaranth juice, and rinse your hair with clean water.
10. Black sesame seeds – finally, we have the black sesame seeds, which are perfect if you want to keep the color of your hair.
They help with the production of melanin, and are rich in magnesium, iron, copper, protein and phosphorus. Just consume a teaspoon of these seeds every day for at least three or four months. You can also apply some sesame oil on your hair from time to time, if you want to.
If you decide to try any of these recipes, you will definitely not make a mistake. Yes, they all need some time to kick in, but the results will be worth it.