The coconut oil contains many health properties. But, it can also be used as a beauty product. Below you will find a short list of how can you use it as a beauty product.
Always Have Coconut Oil
1. It can moisturize your skin. It reduces stretchmarks and scars and rejuvenates the skin. Even though it seems that it is difficult to absorb, it does wonders to the skin, making it soft and shiny.
2. You can use it for oil pulling. This is an ancient dental technique which helps you get rid of toxins and harmful bacteria.
Just take two tablespoons of coconut oil and swish them around in your mouth right when you get out of bed, just before breakfast, and spit. Then wash your teeth as you regularly would.
3. Use it as a hair treatment. You can use it before or after washing your hair, no matter what your hair type is. The hair is mostly made up of proteins, and so is the coconut oil.
That is why it is important for the hair to receive the proper nutrients in order to show itself like it should. It is recommended to apply the coconut oil just before washing your hair in order to prevent it from being greasy.
Just apply ½ tablespoon of it on your hair and leave it like that for about 15 minutes. Finally, if you have curly hair, and can’t handle it, apply some on the curls to prevent the jizz.
4. Remedy for toenail fungus. The fatty acids that are found in the coconut oil penetrate the infected area and preventing it from spreading.
Take some oil and apply it on your toe 2-3 times a day. If you have several toes infected, please wash your hands before applying it on the next toe.
5. Use the coconut oil as a substitute for shaving cream. You can use it before the shaving or after it as a moisturizer.
6. You can even take off make up with it. Just apply it on your face, wait for the make up to dissolve and then wash it away.
7. It can help against rough cuticules. Just massage it gently over the entire nail and on the sides to provide you with the protection you need.
8. Want to sooth burns and rashes easily? Use the coconut oil. Just make a mix out of several drops tea tree essential oil and coconut oil and apply the mixture on the affected area.
Because both of the ingredients have soothing and antibacterial properties, whatever you are suffering from will disappear.
9. And finally, because we live in a stressful society, the coconut oil can be quite powerful as a carrier oil too. Just prepare a mixture of a few drops of your favorite essential oil with coconut oil and enjoy.
Last note – remember that you can use this mixture in the bedroom as a lubricant for the coconut oil is known to help with vaginal dryness.