8 Year Old Girl’s Family Is Killed by Rotten Potatoes

The potatoes are a very tasty food which can be used for many different recipes. However, these vegetables are extremely unhealthy, and sometimes they can have deadly consequences.

In case you have potatoes that have been sitting in your home for a long period of time, you should immediately get rid of them because they can put your life in danger.

Rotten Potatoes

A Russian family has recently highlighted the dangers of keeping rotten potatoes. Four members of the family have died as a result of toxic fumes which were emitted from the potatoes.

The Family Was Poisoned from Toxic Gas Released by Rotten Potatoes

In 2014, Maria Chelysheva, an 8-year-old girl from Russia, became an orphan because of a tragic disaster that took place at the family home.

She has lost her entire family due to a deadly gas caused by rotten potatoes. Maria’s father, Mikhail Chelyshev, 42, went into the basement to get some potatoes. However, he never came back, so his wife, Anastasia, 38, went into the cellar to find him, but she didn’t come back either.

The same thing happened to the couple’s 18-year-old son Georgy and Anastasia’s mother Iraida, 68. Maria’s grandmother had previously called a neighbor when she noticed that something was suspicious. But, she went into the basement before the assistance arrived.

The potatoes contain chemical compounds, called glycoalkaloids, which make them naturally toxic when they are eaten by humans, as well as when their chemicals are breathed in.

These compounds are also contained in poisonous nightshade plants. The glycoalkaloids can cause headaches, cramps, diarrhea, and in some cases coma and death.

The glycoalkaloid concentration in the potatoes increases as they rot, causing them to release a toxic gas. The exposure to this dangerous compound is what killed the 8-year-old girl’s family.

Maria has almost died as well when she entered the basement to look for her family. Fortunately, her mother had left the door of the cellar open and the gas had slightly disappeared.

This heartbreaking story serves as a warning about the dangers that can be caused by rotten potatoes. In case you have potatoes that are at risk of going bad, you should throw them away as soon as possible.

via source

John Borsov

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *